Thursday, April 28, 2011

Finally, a book worth watching...

I love to read. Mostly crime drama. Some sci-fi/fantasy. Occasionally a romance well-buried in something intriguing and usually scientific or criminal. One series I was turned onto several years ago is A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin. This is fantasy world building at its finest. Martin develops a couple dozen characters that you can't help but love to hate. Before you know it, you're talking about them as though they are real and you know them personally.



If you've never heard of this series, you must not have HBO. Every spare bit of advertising space has been used to promote the new series, Game of Thrones, based on the first book of the ASIF series. The first two episodes have aired and, amazingly enough, they have stuck pretty close to the books. There is no possible way for them to recreate everything that is in Martin's books (they are enormous!) but they have managed to capture the feel, the emotion, and the spirit of the series right out of the box.

So, instead of offering something insightful and thought-provoking, I thought I'd share something fun with you. Here are some clips from HBO's website for A Game of Thrones. And if you have time, join me on Sunday nights at 9 p.m. I promise you I will be sitting in front of my television refusing to move until it is over!

This is the first 15 minutes of the first episode. I actually forgot I was watching a preview until it ended. 

 
Game of Thrones Exclusive Preview


An introduction to one of my favorite characters - Daenerys Targaryen


No comments:

Post a Comment