Wednesday, April 6, 2011

THINK!

The Thinker  in Plaster
It should be no surprise to many of you that I like controversy. I love a good debate with intelligent arguments forcing people on all sides of an issue to think about how they truly feel about something that engages their heart as much as their mind. So, it should come as no surprise that I’ve decided to stir the pot and invite all of you to participate in a new series here on Take It or Leave It.

The new series is called THINK! and it is an opportunity for you to give me your reaction to controversial and hot button issues in the news. Fans of my Facebook page have already had a taste of the issues being discussed for the first article and I’m compiling opinions as we speak. 


YOU: So, Denise, how do I get involved?

ME: I’m so glad you asked! 

First, I find a topic or current event that I think is interesting and is making waves. Then, I post a discussion topic on my Facebook page with a link to the relevant website or information and open the gates for discussion.

Next, I send a poll out to everyone who has “Liked” my page asking for their quick opinion on the issue. You can easily share this with your Facebook friends which helps build a more accurate snapshot of how we all feel about the issue.

Last, I take the answers and comments from the poll and the discussion and put the results together in a post. If you contributed, I give you a mention (unless you ask me not to) and send you a link to the post. 

Right now there are two issues being discussed:

  • Funeral directors rights with bodies
    A New York court recently ruled that funeral directors are within their rights to harvest bone and tissue samples from bodies slated for cremation and profit from them without loved one’s consent. Because the bodies are not considered property, the court ruled there was no fraud.  Discuss it here.
  • Mommy blogger seeks justice
    In 2010, Katie Granju’s 18-year-old son overdosed on illegal drugs after spending several years in and out of rehabs. Granju is now trying to have the people who sold him those drugs arrested and charged with homicide according to Tennessee law and a federal statute. She is using her status as a popular blogger to target the individuals she believes are responsible and the investigators on the case.  Discuss it here.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to seeing what you THINK!

2 comments:

  1. very interesting topics, makes us all think long and hard about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dragyn! I'm glad. Looking forward to your opinions! :)

    ReplyDelete